[BuildTools] Build Instructions

Kipp Martin kmartin at chicagobooth.edu
Fri Oct 29 04:15:51 EDT 2010

Hi:

I am having trouble with the instructions for how to convert to the new
system. In particular with exactly how to add libraries. If says to
replace the old LDADD with "something simpler like this:"

LDADD = $(COINDEPEND_LIBS)

however, when I look at some sample projects such as Dip, I see

unitTest_LDADD = ../src/libDecomp.la $(DIPLIB_LIBS) $(COINDEPEND_LIBS)

so I see the "old style" /src/libDecomp.la library in there plus the new
style $(DIPLIB_LIBS).  Wouldn't DIPLIB_LIBS constain the libDecomp.la
library? I am not at all sure how to alter my LDADD in term of the old
.la and the variable YYY_LIBS.

Thanks

--
Kipp Martin