[BuildTools] Build problem on Ubuntu - No .Plo files

Horand Gassmann Horand.Gassmann at Dal.Ca
Tue Mar 23 05:30:00 EDT 2010

Quoting Jonathon White <jonathon.h.white at gmail.com>:

> G'day,
>
> I am running a Ubuntu (9.10) box, and I am having similar troubles to those
> reported in Message: [BuildTools] Build problem with OS on Ubuntu  (copied
> below).
>
> After calling ./configure, the following message is displayed, but no .Plo
> files are created.
>
>   config.status: executing depfiles commands
>
> I also executed config.status in the CoinUtils/src directory, but that does
> not create the .Plo files either.
> I was wondering if anyone has found a solution to this problem?

I would be interested in solutions also. I found a workaround, which involved
checking out completely separate versions of the source, one for each virtual
box I have. This fixed the problem, but I never understood why.