[BuildTools] Libtool library versions (correction)

Lou Hafer lou at cs.sfu.ca
Wed Jun 16 12:02:45 EDT 2010

	Sigh. Let me try to get that libtool library version (llv)
recommendation right. It's still early in my morning.

Given lapack 1.0.20 with an llv of 1:20:0, we have

  current: 1
  revision: 20
  age: 0

Tweaking lapack by changing PROJECTDIR_INIT(1:20:0) to PROJECTDIR_INIT(Lapack)
will surely be backwards compatible, but then again we're still within the
1.0 series with 1.0.21. So the proper llv would be

  current: 1
  revision: 21
  age: 0

There's been no API change, hence no change in current, hence no change in age.

For lapack 1.1.1 (when it arrives), the llv would be

  current: 2
  revision: 1
  age: 1

assuming there's no change in the lapack API between 1.0 and 1.1.

Arguably I'm not consistent here in terms of 0-based numbering vs. 1-based
numbering. We need to settle on that.

						Lou