[BuildTools] Stable and release scripts

Ted Ralphs tkralphs at lehigh.edu
Thu Jun 3 07:30:12 EDT 2010

On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 12:52 AM, Lou Hafer <lou at cs.sfu.ca> wrote:

>        Random question: Why is there no release for BuildTools/stable/0.6?

I created stable/0.6 back when we were first talking about using the
libtool versioning system. The prepare_new_release scripts there (and
I guess in trunk) contain the changes required to automatically set
the library version. My intention was to move everyone to stable/0.6
over time, but we sort of got distracted by the other things we've
been talking about for the last year or so. Thus, at the moment, no
projects are actually using stable/0.6, there was no reason to make a
release. In any case, it hasn't been very well tested yet. I think
once we are ready to move the current changes to stable, they can just
go in there as well.

Cheers,

Ted
--