[BuildTools] Build problem with OS on Ubuntu

Gus Gassmann Horand.Gassmann at dal.ca
Thu May 21 16:19:27 EDT 2009

I have a problem building OS under Ubuntu. It seems that during the
configure step none of the dependency files *.Plo are getting built. This
results in, for example, the error:

make[1]: Entering directory `home/gassmann/OS-vpath/ThirdParty/HSL'
Makefile:389: .deps/dummy.Plo: No such file or directory.

I don't understand this error. The only thing unusual about the setup is that I
run Ubuntu as a virtual machine under Microsoft Vista 64 and that the file
system that contains the source is shared and controlled by Vista. It is
available to Ubuntu in the /mnt hierarchy. (I did not set up the system myself
and don't know much more about it than that.)

I used the following command in my vpath directory
(/home/gassmann/OS/vpath) to run configure:

/mnt/hgfs/DataFiles/OS/configure

Any idea what may be going wrong?

Thanks

gus gassmann

gus gassmann          (Horand.Gassmann at dal.ca)

School of Business Administration, Dalhousie University
6100 University Avenue
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada , B3H 3J5
ph. (902) 494-1844
fax (902) 494-1107