[BuildTools] Problem with ASL and AC_CHECK_SIZEOF(long long)

Lou Hafer lou at cs.sfu.ca
Mon Feb 11 15:04:17 EST 2008

Kipp,

	[ Kipp, a resend to get the reply on BuildTools. ]

	As is often the case, I'm confused.

	All of the various type checks in Coin configure scripts are performed
using C in order to avoid issues with Microsoft C++.  I'm extremely surprised
that the size of long long would differ between C and C++.  I thought this was
illegal.  Add to that, I always build with configure -C, and I've never run into
this issue.

	Building on SPARC / Solaris 10 / Studio, configure, make, make test is
successful.

	I notice you've added a check for long long in the top-level
configure.ac.  Should I remove this to try and replicate the problem? By chance,
is this a Mac thing? Some issue with the Mac C++ compiler?

							Lou