[BuildTools] COIN/OR on a 64-bit machine

Andreas Waechter andreasw at watson.ibm.com
Mon Aug 27 14:53:08 EDT 2007

Hi Cumhur,

Please look at the config.log file in the subdirectory corresponding the
the configure script that is run to produce that output.  See

https://projects.coin-or.org/BuildTools/wiki/user-troubleshooting#ProblemsDuringConfiguration

It seems to me that the C++ compiler that the configure scripts find
doesn't work.  I note that you only specify the C compiler, but not the
C++ compiler in the command line.

The config.log file will show you the specific compiler command it is
trying to run, and the test program it is trying to compile.  This should
help you to find out what is wrong with your system.

If you are building on a 64bit machine, you usually don't need to specify
anything special, if you compile compiles in 64bit more by default (that
is the case on my system).  Otherwise, for the GNU compilers, you need to
specify the -m64 flag, e.g. using the ADD_CXXFLAGS, ADD_CFLAGS, etc
configure variables arguments.  Please read the documentation for those
options.

I hope this helps,

Andreas