[BuildTools] COIN/OR on a 64-bit machine

Cumhur A Gelogul cumhurag at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 14:38:43 EDT 2007

Hi all,
I am trying to build COIN/OR libs on a 64-bit machine. I use the following
configure command:

>  ./configure CC=/usr/sfw/bin/gcc CFLAG="-pto -PIC -DIL_STD -xarch=amd64" >
myconfigure.log

I am getting an error message as follows:
>  configure: WARNING: The flags CXXFLAGS="  -DNDEBUG   " do not work.  I
will now just try '-O', but you might want to set CXXFLAGS manually.
>  configure: WARNING: This value for CXXFLAGS does not work.  I will
continue with empty CXXFLAGS, but you might want to set CXXFLAGS manually.
>  configure: WARNING: Could not automatically determine how to tell the
linker about automatic inclusion of the path for shared libraries.  The test
examples >  might not work if you link against shared objects.  You will
need to set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH, DYLP_LIBRARY_PATH, or LIBDIR variable
manually.
>  configure: WARNING: Cannot find C-function for checking Inf. Check will
test whether the value is different from DBL_MAX
>  configure: WARNING: Cannot find C-function for checking NaN. Check will
return false
>  configure: error: Cannot find integer type with 64 bits
>  configure: error: /bin/bash './configure' failed for CoinUtils
Can you help make sense why I am getting this error?
Should I pay special attention to some settings because this is a 64-bit
machine?

Thanks in advance.

Cumhur