[BCP] semi-continuous, sos1, ... variables

Ted Ralphs tkralphs at lehigh.edu
Sat Mar 19 11:24:40 EDT 2016

Hi David,

I can probably help you a bit with BCP, but it would be useful if you could
describe a little more about what you're trying to do exactly, since there
may be better options, such as DIP (projects.coin-or.org/Dip), which is
actively developed. It's been a long time since I really delved into BCP,
so it might take some time to answer your questions if you want to continue
with BCP.

Cheers,

Ted

On Sun, Mar 13, 2016 at 4:46 AM, David Catteeuw <david.catteeuw at yazzoom.com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Do I understand correctly that semi-continuous, SOS variables, etc. must
> be dealt with manually?
>
> In other words, in BCP you cannot do something like:
>         BCP_var_algo(BCP_SemiContinuousVar, cost_coefficient, lower_bound,
> upper_bound);
> to create a variable whose value is either between lower_bound and
> upper_bound, or 0.
>
> Thanks,
> david.

Dr. Ted Ralphs