[BCP] Configuring CPLEX 12.4 with BCP 1.3.4

Luis de la Torre ledelato at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 15:42:47 EDT 2012

I'm getting an error that was reported by a user in January, but a
response was never given on the list:

http://list.coin-or.org/pipermail/bcp/2012-January/000314.html

I've set up Bcp 1.3.4 according to the instructions in
http://wpweb2.tepper.cmu.edu/fmargot/COIN/proj1.pdf and compiling
works without trying to use CPLEX. When I run configure to build Bcp
to use CPLEX, I get the error

checking if user provides library for Cplex... yes
checking whether symbol CPXgetstat is available with CPX... no
configure: error: Cannot find symbol(s) CPXgetstat with CPX
configure: error: /bin/sh '../../Osi/configure' failed for Osi

The answer in the previous thread I linked suggested that it was an
issue of user permissions. With the account I'm installing, I can run
CPLEX interactive mode into the cplex bin directory, so I have
permissions, but it's not on my path.

I'm running 64-bit Fedora 17, with gcc 4.7.0, and a fresh install of
64-bit Cplex 12.4.

I've put the entire last_configure.txt file on gist:
https://gist.github.com/2998340

Also, unrelated, I sent an email several weeks ago about not being
able to configure Bcp to use lapack and blas in Ubuntu. I wasn't able
to work it out, but I was at least able to get past that step in
Fedora 17.

Thank you,

Luis de la Torre