[BCP] Fwd: Cplex 12.4 and BCP1.3.4

Ted Ralphs ted at lehigh.edu
Wed Jul 25 20:32:06 EDT 2012

Anything that causes linking to fail will give this same error. The way the
configure script checks for the library is by trying to link a short C code
that calls the CPXgetstat function. Failure for any reason yields this
error, whether it is linking to the 32-bit library on a 64-bit platform or
a missing dependency. In the past, the latter has been a consistent source
of problems and given that the dependencies have changed from 12.3 to 12.4,
it seems the most likely place to look.

The only way to really debug what is going on is to open config.log and
look for where the log file contains the test for the existence of the
library. There, you will find the source for the C code that is failing to
link. You can copy that into a file and try to build it yourself using the
same command line as configure. You will then get a more complete error
report directly from the compiler/linker. Perhaps there is a smarter way to
do this, but this is at least one way of identifying what is really going
on.

Cheers,

Ted