[BCP] The BAC example

Jack Croucher j.s.croucher at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 21:12:27 EST 2011

Hello Everyone,

I'm trying to run the BAC example which comes with BCP (1.2.2). I've done my
best to follow the steps outlined in Francois Margot's "BAC: A BCP based
Branch-and-Cut Example" but the makefile for the BAC example (or any of the
examples for that matter) do not seem to be created. When I run "make" in
the BAC directory I get the following error (since there is no makefile):

make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.

It was my understanding that this makefile was generated automatically when
I configured the package? The last of the configure output is:

config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating src/Makefile
config.status: creating test/BAC/Makefile
config.status: creating examples/BAC/Makefile
config.status: creating examples/MCF-1/Makefile
config.status: creating examples/MCF-2/Makefile
config.status: creating examples/MCF-3/Makefile
config.status: creating bcp_addlibs.txt
config.status: creating inc/config_bcp.h
configure: Configuration of Bcp successful
configure: Creating VPATH links for data files
configure: Configuration of Bcp successful

So it appears (at least to me) to have created the makefile, but I can only
see makefile.in in the BAC directory. "make test" seems to run fine and
generate a solution.

Any help you could provide would be great as I'd love to play around with
this example. Hopefully I'm just doing something stupid, as I'm relatively
new to Linux and Bcp, so I do apologise for taking up your time on something
which should be pretty trivial. As far as I can tell I've configured both
the /build and /buildg directories correctly and used "make" and "make
install" in both.

Thanks in advance,

Jack