[BCP] Branch and Price example

Mr George Tzallas gtzallas at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Feb 3 13:52:49 EST 2010

Dear all,

I am new to BCP and I would like to use it for a Branch and Price application.

I have downloaded BCP-1.2.3 and installed it according to the direction in document

 BAC : A BCP based Branch-and-cut Example

by Francois Margot (May 2003, Updated August 2008). I decided to create a build directory, invoke

  ../configure -C

and do the installation from there. All the examples (BAC, MCF-1, MCF-2, MCF-3) run fine, so I guess my installation was correct.

Unfortunately, none of these examples involves Branch and Price, thefefore I found an example by Matthew Galati (revision November 30, 2003) called

  AAP_BP : A COIN/BCP Branch and Price Example

I replaced the Makefile of AAP_BP with the one of BAC, with the appropriate changes in USER_DEFINES (asked to be compiled/linked with CLP), OBJS (bulk of changes so as to reflect obj's of AAP_BP). When compiling the project I had a problem with class AAP_tm

In its definition it gives a virtual function called create_root (also used with B&C) that has a 4th argument called BCP_pricing_status, which is not defined anywhere. As you realise, I get the compilation error

  include/AAP_tm.hpp:55: error: ‘BCP_pricing_status’ has not been declared

I looked in the documentation, and such a type/enumeration is not indeed declared. What should I do? Or, is anybody aware of another example that implements B&P that I could use?

Kindest regards

George

PS : AAP_BP can be found at
  http://coral.ie.lehigh.edu/coin/COIN_EXAMPLES/AAP_BP/Doc/aap/aap.html