[BCP] Getting "Assertion reference_count_ == 0"

António Duarte aduarte at ipb.pt
Tue Jun 30 11:18:25 EDT 2009

Hello,

I’m implementing a column generation scheme and the branching consists in
adding a new cut with different bounds on each of the two childs. The
branching seems to be working well but I’m getting an error I can’t debug.
Here’s what’s happening:

After solving the root node and adding a few new columns, 2 child nodes are
generated and a dive is performed in one of them. Again the node is solved,
new columns are generated, branching is performed and a new dive occurs.
This keeps going on and everything seem ok until a valid solution is found
after a few dives. The LP asks TM for a new node with the following message:

Returned children to TM. Waiting for new node.

Then the error occurs:

pps: /home/jorge/bcp/buildg/include/coin/CoinSmartPtr.hpp:158: virtual
Coin::ReferencedObject::~ReferencedObject(): Assertion `reference_count_ ==
0' failed. Aborted LP:

I saw that LP is trying to delete variables I added in tm:create_root().

Anyone has a hint on what is happening?

Best regards,

António Duarte