[BCP] Select branching candidate in TM

Niklaus Eggenberg niklaus.eggenberg at epfl.ch
Fri Jan 16 10:57:33 EST 2009

Hi everybody,

I am currently playing around a little with different branching schemes
for BCP, but there's something I miss when branching. Selecting the
branching candidate is done in the LP, including the comparision of two
Bcp_presolved_lp_brobj (which basically helps to decide which branching
candidate to choose if there are several of them). Unfortunately, what I
am currently not able to do is to select the next NODE to be processed,
which would probably be in the BCP_tm...

Mayebe an example helps: suppose I choose variable 14 with value 0.5 to
branch on. I create two children,
 child1 with x[14] = 0 and
 child2 with x[14] = 1.

Where can I force the next node to be processed as being either child1
or child2 according to my preferences?

Thanks a lot,

Niklaus

--