[BCP] Bounding in BCP

fmargot at andrew.cmu.edu fmargot at andrew.cmu.edu
Fri Feb 15 13:33:34 EST 2008

I believe you are looking too much into the code. Try to set
BCP_Granularity to 1.0 in the parameter file. Without changing a single
line of code, BCP will output a solution within 1.0 of the optimal value.
You have nothing else to do than setting BCP_Granularity to the value you
want.

Fot the relative gap, I would try in your derived class of
BCP_lp_user::test_feasibility() something like

   BCP_solution *curr_sol = BCP_lp_user::test_feasibility(lp_result, vars, cuts);

   if(curr_sol != NULL) {
     if(curr_sol->objective_value() > 0.95 * upper_bound()) {
       delete(curr_sol);
       return(NULL);
     }
     return(curr_sol);
   }

I don't think anything else is needed. I agree that a parameter for relative
gap would be simpler.

Francois