[Coin-bcpdiscuss] Adding new cut when branching

Francois Margot fmargot at andrew.cmu.edu
Tue Jan 31 12:11:30 EST 2006

Klaus:

I have an example of branching on a constraint on my page

http://web.gsia.cmu.edu/fmargot/COIN/coin.html

in project number 4. This is exactly the branching you list below.
A short explanation of the method BCP_lp_branching_object() is given.
To add different cuts in the sons, my understanding is that you actually
add the same cuts to all the sons, but by playing with the upper and lower
bounds on the cuts, you make some of them redundant in some of the sons.

Francois