[Coin-bcpdiscuss] Adding new cut when branching

niklaus.eggenberg at epfl.ch niklaus.eggenberg at epfl.ch
Tue Jan 31 08:21:08 EST 2006

Hi everybody,

I am trying to branch on cuts rather than variables in my problem. No hudge
problem so far, but I just realized that I didn't know how to include these new
cuts... I know they must be added to vector "new_cuts" of object
BCP_lp_branching_object in append_new_vars, and I suppose the coefficients have
to be set in vars_to_cols?!
But what I don't know is how to set a different cut for different children:
suppose I want to branch on cut A_ij x_i = c (in the actual solution, c
fractionnal) and set two new cuts

         A_ij x_i <= floor(c)

and      A_ij x_i >= ceil(c)

Now how does this work? I am writing the function "append_branching_vars" but
this is no help so far...
I mean, I am not "really" generating a cut (only as it is implied by
branching), so using generate_cut_in_lp() is not convinient.