[Coin-bcpdiscuss] Compiling BCP with MSVC 6.0

peter.chan peter.chan at laposte.net
Thu Jun 16 12:20:30 EDT 2005

Thank you for the quick reply, Dr. Ladanyi.

It was mentioned that MSVC 6.0 is not capable of compiling BCP due to
"templated functions". I would certainly like to know more of this missing functionality,
since MSVC 6.0 means bread-and-butter for many Windows developpers.

I suppose it accounts for compile errors in bcp_vector.hpp for the functions
1) purge_ptr_vector_by_index
2) keep_ptr_vector_by_index

The other recurring compile error is the use of pack and unpack functions,
where MSVC complains of ambiguous call to overloaded functions.
Frankly, there is no reason to, since the calls have only 1 arg.
And this 1-arg. variant is used (nearly?) all the time.

Cheers.