[Symphony] How changing a single coefficient in the constraint matrix with Symphony ?

Kaba Keita kaba.keita at inria.fr
Thu Jun 7 05:47:38 EDT 2018

Dears all,

I am using your SYMPHONY solver to tackle a MILP problem. I read the SYMPHONY 5.5.0 User’s Manual. Thank you for this remarkable work.
However, I am stucked when I tried to change a single coefficient in the constraint matrix. I mean would like to use a SYMPHONY function that does the same thing as the following CPLEX function: CPXchgcoef (CPXCENVptr env , CPXLPptr lp , int i , int j , double newvalue ). In the SYMPHONY user's manual there is this function sym_set_row_type(sym_environment *env, int index, char rowsense, double rowrhs, double rowrng), however I am not sure if this function is appropriate to change a single coefficient in the constraint matrix. Please could you guide me how I can change a single coefficient in the constraint matrix with SYMPHONY API C.

Best regards
Kaba
researcher INRIA LIlle France.