[Symphony] Issues detecting exiting Coin-OR installations.

Pedro Giffuni pfg at FreeBSD.org
Sat Oct 1 10:55:06 EDT 2016

Hello guys;

I have interest in packaging SYMPHONY for FreeBSD, where CoinMP is
already a popular package (and a dependency for OpenOffice).

I basically want to build SYMPHONY using the preinstalled coin-or
support from the CoinMP package, but "configure" doesn't seem to detect
the installation in /usr/local. It generally generates this files:

bin/clp
bin/symphony
include/coin/CbcOrClpParam.cpp
include/coin/CbcOrClpParam.hpp
include/coin/Cgl012cut.hpp

Both clp and the headers clearly conflict (apart from a header with and
*.cpp suffix looks suspicious).

After checking "configure --help", I tried something like this:

--with-coinutils-incdir=${LOCALBASE}/include/coin \
--with-coinutils-lib="-L${LOCALBASE}/lib"

which still tries to build clp and fails miserably:

..
--- clp ---
/bin/sh ../../libtool --tag=CXX --mode=link c++   -O2 -pipe -march=core2
-fstack-protector -fno-strict-aliasing -ffast-math   -DCLP_BUILD
-fstack-protector -o clp  ClpMain.o libClpSolver.la libClp.la /usr/local/lib
c++ -O2 -pipe -march=core2 -fstack-protector -fno-strict-aliasing
-ffast-math -DCLP_BUILD -fstack-protector -o .libs/clp ClpMain.o
/usr/local/lib  ./.libs/libClpSolver.so ./.libs/libClp.so -Wl,--rpath
-Wl,/usr/local/lib
/usr/bin/ld:/usr/local/lib: file format not recognized; treating as
linker script
/usr/bin/ld:/usr/local/lib:1: syntax error

I also tried --with-lp-solver but it doesn't take /usr/local/bin/clp
as a recognized solver.

So .. while the software generally builds and works there is no
package joy :(.

Regards,

Pedro.