[Symphony] [Coin-discuss] Installing header files for RSymphony

Ted Ralphs tkralphs at lehigh.edu
Tue Aug 18 17:34:00 EDT 2015

Hi Kevin,

I'm moving this discussion over to the SYMPHONY mailing list. I'm not sure
I understand exactly what you're after. The header files needed to link to
SYMPHONY through its API are installed in <prefix>/include/coin. Do you
perhaps need some of the headers that are not normally installed? I can't
remember exactly how RSymphony works. It might use more than just the
functions in the standard API. In any case, all of the additional headers
will be in the directory

SYMPHONY/include

in the source tree, so you can copy any additional ones you need. Let me
know if that works for you. If not, I'll need a bit more detail on what's
going wrong.

Cheers,

Ted

On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 10:57 AM, Kevin Kunzmann <
kunzmann at imbi.uni-heidelberg.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I just installed SYMPHONY as described in
> https://projects.coin-or.org/SYMPHONY/ on RedHat. As I want to use the R
> interface RSymphony I also need to install the header files – is there an
> easy way to do that?
>

> Thanks,
>

> Kevin

Dr. Ted Ralphs