[Symphony] Symphony error in reading AMPL files

Arun Yadav arun2125 at gmail.com
Tue May 6 06:15:01 EDT 2014

Hi Ted,
As instructed in the manual I ran the get.glpk script and then configured
and installed Symphony. It still gives me the following error when trying
to read gmpl input file,

==  Welcome to the SYMPHONY MILP Solver
==  Copyright 2000-2011 Ted Ralphs and others
==  All Rights Reserved.
==  Distributed under the Eclipse Public License 1.0
==  Version: 5.4.0
==  Build Date: Apr 29 2014
==  Revision Number: 2161

Reading input file...

ERROR: SYMPHONY can only read GMPL/AMPL files if GLPK is
installed and the USE_GLPMPL compiler define is set.
Exiting.

Fatal errors encountered. Exiting with code -120.
See sym_return_values.h for meaning of code.

Regards,
​Arun Yadav​