[Symphony] Symphony error in reading AMPL files

Arun Yadav arun2125 at gmail.com
Fri May 2 03:43:39 EDT 2014

Hi,
I have installed Symphony in CYGWIN on a Windows 7 PC. But I'm not able to
read ampl files in Symphony. I get the following error,

ERROR: SYMPHONY can only read GMPL/AMPL files if GLPK is
installed and the USE_GLPMPL compiler define is set.
Exiting.

I searched for this error and reached following page,

https://projects.coin-or.org/SYMPHONY/ticket/110#no1

But on trying to run the following command,

make In file included from ../include/sym_cg.h:22,

from ../include/sym_tm.h:24,
from ../include/sym_master.h:27,

from Master/master_wrapper.c:28:

I get the following error,
make: *** No rule to make target 'In'.  Stop.

Please help.

Regards,
Arun Yadav