[Symphony] biobjective problems

Michael Hennebry hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Thu Sep 12 13:30:04 EDT 2013

On Thu, 12 Sep 2013, Papis Wongchaisuwat wrote:

>     I want to have multiple solutions which form a pareto frontier. I do understand that I should run the solver several times.However, I thought Symphony has that function built in. I tried MCKP (bicriteria knapsack problems) application and it works. I also want to run other bicriteria problems which I don't know how to do that.

Apparently it does.
It has been a while since I actually used Symphony.
Appently one has to add the second objective
and invoke mulitCriteriaBranchAndBound.
I'm unclear n how one collects the solutions.
Presumably this is all the same for MCKP.
What particular problem are you having?

whom I teach not to run with scissors,
that my fiance ran me through with a broadsword."  --  Lily