[Symphony] biobjective problems

Michael Hennebry hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Wed Sep 11 12:28:19 EDT 2013

On Wed, 11 Sep 2013, Papis Wongchaisuwat wrote:

> Dear all,      I am trying to run biobjective problems e.g. set cover, set pack problem. I searched the previous posting and it seems like  biobjective MILPs does not work with gmpl file. What is the easiest way to run these problems?  I am using linux but I am a new learner. It will be very helpful if someone can tell me exactly what I need to do (i.e. like step-by-step).

MILP solvers are designed to give one a single solution.
Biobjective problems generally do not have a single soluion.
You will need to run the solver multiple times.
To say much more would require knowing what you regard as a solution.

whom I teach not to run with scissors,
that my fiance ran me through with a broadsword."  --  Lily