[Symphony] solving block-angular structured MILPs

Rudan János rudanj at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 11:58:58 EDT 2012

Hello,

thanks for the answer.

I'd like to use Symphony because it can solve successfully the
problem. I've generated several problems with the same structure but
with perturbed parameters, and tried to solve them with both DIP and
Symphony.
In case of DIP, usually the ALPS searching seems to stuck in or
progressing very-very slowly towards the solution. I couldn't get
solution after more than 1000 seconds of running.
In case of Symphony, it solves the problem optimally in about 120-130 seconds.

I've also tried out the CbC, which solves each of the same problems in
10-15 seconds, which is quite impressive. Maybe CbC can use the
available structural information?

Best,
János