[Symphony] symphony

Michael Hennebry hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Sat Jan 28 15:58:57 EST 2012

On Sat, 28 Jan 2012, Ted Ralphs wrote:

> option for storing the output in a file if that's needed. As for
> changing the number of significant digits displayed in the solution,
> the only way to do that at the moment would be to change the source
> code to add more digits to the print statements. Of course, all this
> would be easy if you just wrote a small driver and called the SYMPHONY
> library through the API. Then you could grab the solution yourself and
> output in any format and to any location you like. If that's not an
> option for you, I can try to add these options.

Another option one might consider is allowing
output in an exact representation,
perhaps something like mBe representing m*2**e.
m and e would both be decimal integers.
User code could pass them to ldexp.
Generating m and e would be a bit more difficult, but not tricky.

whom I teach not to run with scissors,
that my fiance ran me through with a broadsword."  --  Lily