[Symphony] Issue: get No solution in Symphony

Vladyslav Kolbasin marcell at insart.com
Mon Mar 28 12:17:31 EDT 2011

Good Day!

 I'm using RSymphony (package that uses Symphony for R).

I'm running rather large LP problems : about 1000-3000 variables and
800-2000 constraints.

 For some my test-cases i get return code 226
(NO_SOLUTION). But i know that there are simple solutions and may be
rather complex too.

 I set param verbosity to 140 and get such return:

Skipping Preprocessor
Problem has
 834 constraints
 1065 variables

4366 nonzero coefficients

Solving...

granularity set at 0.000001

TM:
tree size: 0 , 0

*
Now processing NODE 0 LEVEL 0 (from
TM)

Diving set to
2

**** Starting iteration 1 ****

solving root lp
relaxation
Terminating due to high cost -- fathoming node (no more cols
to check)

* Branch
and Cut Finished *
* Now displaying stats and best solution found...
*

 Also if
i do some mixing constraints & variables then get solution - it is most
strange issue.

 Please Can you help me:
- explain why i can't get
solution
- advise any params (or may be combination) that can help me to
get any solution (already tryed some from "LP parameters" and some
others)

Thanks a lot.