[Symphony] SYMPHONY fails in solving with optimal initial solution

Linh Truong Dieu linhtd at soict.hut.edu.vn
Fri Mar 25 02:34:27 EDT 2011

Dear all,
I'm using Symphony 5.2.4 for some Mixed Interger problem. The problem is
large so that I try to use set initial solution for the problem before
solving it using branch and bound. I used Osi interface.
However, sometimes when the initial solution is coincidently the optimal
solution then the branch and bound after that terminate with a conclusion
that the problem is infeasible which is completely illogic. I did test if
the problem is feasible by running the problem again without setting the
initial solution, the branch and bound process find the optimal solution.

I used setColSolution() for setting the initial solution and
branchAndBound() for calling brand and Bound process.

Can someone help me.

Many thanks,
Linh

--
Truong Dieu Linh, PhD
Department of Data Communications and Networks