[Symphony] solution export and var names

Joost joost at dsj.nl
Sun Dec 11 06:49:49 EST 2011

Dear,

I have the same questions as Paulo Gouveia (see post nov. 18th).
My setup is using zimpl in combination with Symphony (interactive)
environment (LP files).

- The 8 char truncated variable names are unpractical from a user point
of view using the above setup.
It would already help a lot if this could be increased to 64 chars or so
(I think Cplex limit is 255).

In the source I made a couple of changes to the length of the column
names:

int read_lp(MIPdesc *mip, char *infile, char *probname) [lp_solver.c]
int receive_lp_data_u(lp_prob *p) [lp_wrapper.c]
int send_lp_data_u(sym_environment *env, int sender) [master_wrapper.c]
int display_solution_u(sym_environment *env, int thread_num)
[master_wrapper.c, around line 720]

It seems to work, but I'm unsure whether this is a correct and safe way
to do it.

- It would be nice to have a command to export the solution to a
textfile after solving.

- Another nice to have would be a pre-compiled binary of 5.4.x in the
binary section (5.2 is lastest version present).

Best regards,
Joost