[Symphony] SYMPHONY vs CBC?

temp user foranyster at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 22:39:55 EST 2010

Hi,

I have used CBC for a couple of times, but never use it as a
branch-and-cut solver for MILP, and I have no experience with SYMPHONY.
My question is: if I need to do some branch-and-cut, shall I use CBC or
SYMPHONY callable library? It seems both can be used as a branch-and-cut
solver for MILP, what is the difference?

Also, since SYMPHONY can also use OSI interface, what is the advantage
to use SYMPHONY? One thing I notice is that SYMPHONY seems to have more
detailed documents. Does it normally obtain better results? or faster?

I googled but can not find any info. Thank you very much for your help!