[Symphony] help with interpreting the output (does symphony continue after finding optimal solution?)

Iulian Ober iulian.ober at irit.fr
Tue Jun 29 05:35:15 EDT 2010

On 29 juin 2010, at 10:16, claude philippe medard wrote:

> mps file  :-). run it on cplex just to find out :-)
> nice to produce new instances that hurt...and well done to symphony (!)
> Claude ph Medard

Well, I'm not sure how I should take this.
Anyway, I just tried CPLEX, with a smaller instance.
After 1 hour, it's still not done. The same instance is solved in 8 seconds (!) by Mosek, and in 540 seconds by Symphony.
I did not have time to do any parameter tunning, so maybe you can find a better way.

I've submitted two sample models to MIPLIB 2010, so you can give it a try. They are called ex9.mps and ex10.mps.

Best regards,
iulian ober