[Symphony] Problems with OsiSymSolverInterface -- loadProblem

Virginia Costa virscosta at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 13:08:50 EST 2009

Hi,

I'm a new user of Coin-or and I want to run a mixed integer problem with
Symphony. However, I have a lot of problems with method loadProblem:

1) I used virtual void OsiSymSolverInterface::loadProblem ( const
CoinPackedMatrix<http://www.coin-or.org/Doxygen/Osi/class_coin_packed_matrix.html>&
*matrix*,

const double *  *collb*,

const double *  *colub*,

const double *  *obj*,

const double *  *rowlb*,

const double *  *rowub*
)

I gave a CoinPackedMatrix to this function and everything works well, but
when I try to run a problem with more than 10 cities (it's a tsp
implementation),
This matrix returns a memory error.

2) So, I tried to use
virtual void OsiSymSolverInterface::loadProblem ( const int  *numcols*,

const int  *numrows*,

const CoinBigIndex<http://www.coin-or.org/Doxygen/Osi/_coin_finite_8hpp.html#1d91e832494d1d012e44c52e34d2340f>*
*start*,

const int *  *index*,

const double *  *value*,

const double *  *collb*,

const double *  *colub*,

const double *  *obj*,

const double *  *rowlb*,

const double *  *rowub*
)

Where, I think, we have to pass the matrix in a CCS format (Compressed
Column Storage -- http://www.cs.utk.edu/~dongarra/etemplates/node374.html).
But it returns the following error: terminate called after throwing an
instance of 'CoinError'. This error was returned when I try to run a problem
that was solved by the loadProblem above.

Has anybody already seen these errors before?

Could somebody help me please?

Thanks.
Virginia S. Costa
 --
Programa de Engenharia de Sistemas e Computação
PESC/COPPE/UFRJ -- Rio de Janeiro/Brasil