[Symphony] Link error with milp.c

Romain Marino marino.romain at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 07:38:21 EDT 2009

Hi,
I would like to know if the topic below has been solved because I have
exactly the same problem.
I' ve download the 3 packages Symphony : 5.1.0, 5.1.1 and 5.1.8 for windows.
Each time I tried to compile milp.c, indicating well the paths (\include for
.h, and \lib for .lib), I had the same link errors :
*undefined reference to sym_open_environment(), *
*undefined reference to sym_get_infinity(), *
*etc...*
I'm currently working with code::blocks, but I've also tried to compile it
with Dev-cpp, NetBeans and even Microsoft visual studio 2008. I get always
the same link errors!
It's been 3 days that I looked up in every forum, and I can't find
solutions.
I'm despairing

    >Hi all,
    >
    >Forgive a potentially silly question from a complete novice.  I'm
trying to
    >run the 'milp.c' example to learn how Symphony works.  I'm using Visual
C++