[Symphony] Building Symphony with PVM under MS Windows

Christian Hass hass at in.tum.de
Wed Sep 24 04:50:00 EDT 2008

Hi all,

after some minor modifications (due to struct timeval declaration), I
successfully compiled Symphony (5.1.8) with MS Visual Studio Express
2008 under MS Windows. Now I'm trying to build the parallel Version.
With precompiled PVM for Windows, and after changing libSymphony's
precompiler directives (add: "__PVM__" remove "COMPILE_IN_CP" and
"COMPILE_IN_LP"), I also were able to build the master executable for PVM.

But how do I build the symphony_cp_lp executable for the other PVM hosts?
Without this executable I necessarily get the following error: "Couldn't
start symphony_lp_cg!!"

Any help will be much appreciated,

   Chris