[Symphony] Infeasible solution support in integers

Roman Itskovich romanits at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 01:50:32 EDT 2008

Hello,
My name is Roman, I'm an Economics student at Tel-Aviv University. I'm
working on solving a MILP problems that involve devising an algorithm to
solve problems in which initially there are no feasible solutions.

I've been using Lindo as a basis for this, but later found Symphony.

The problem is as follows: Lindo gives feedback when the constraint set is
infeasible (using some sort of IIS module)- it tells you what are the
necessary or sufficient constraints to remove to achieve a solution.
Symphony algorithm doesn't have this option, or at least I wasn't able to
locate such an option. I find this feedback from Lindo to
be extremely valuable to my work.

Does Symphony has something of this sort? Or is it a future development sort
of idea?

Roman

--
Kiva.org - Loans that Change Lives!