[Coin-symphony] Re: [Coin-discuss] Re: Benchmark Instances & Format conversion code

Ashutosh Mahajan asm4 at Lehigh.EDU
Mon May 1 23:39:20 EDT 2006

hi anureet,

On Mon, 01 May 2006, Anureet Saxena wrote on Coin-discuss:

> hi,
>
> Thanks for replying to my earlier email and educating me on some of the
> relevant issues. After going through the comments, this is what I have
> decided
>
> I have preliminary understanding
> of SYMPHONY and I am sure there is a neat way (just 2 lines of code at the
> right place should suffice) of extracting such a relaxation. Unfortunately, I
> have been so far unsuccessful in hacking the code to do so :( If someone has
> experience with SYMPHONY and knows an easy way to extract such a
> root-relaxation, please let me know.

in the config file change to:
ROOT_NODE_ONLY = TRUE

and change these lines somewhere around line 430, in src/LP/lp_genfunc.c:

from:
       case FATHOMED_NODE:
	 comp_times->strong_branching += used_time(&p->tt);
	 return(FUNCTION_TERMINATED_NORMALLY);

       case ERROR__NO_BRANCHING_CANDIDATE: /* Something went wrong */
	 return(ERROR__NO_BRANCHING_CANDIDATE);

to:
       case FATHOMED_NODE:
#ifdef ROOT_NODE_ONLY
	 /* hack to write mps with cuts generated at root, for Anureet */
	 write_mps(lp_data, "root");
#endif
	 comp_times->strong_branching += used_time(&p->tt);
	 return(FUNCTION_TERMINATED_NORMALLY);

       case ERROR__NO_BRANCHING_CANDIDATE: /* Something went wrong */
	 return(ERROR__NO_BRANCHING_CANDIDATE);

make clean_all; make
it will create a root.MPS file containing the required mps.
original column names will however be lost.

hope this helps.
- --
regards
Ashutosh Mahajan