[Coin-symphony] Compile errors using SYMHONY with MSVC++ 2005

Esben Kolind eko at e2efactory.com
Mon Mar 6 11:29:15 EST 2006

coin-symphony at list.coin-or.org,

We are two graduate students currently working on our master thesis in
operations research. We would like to use SYMPHONY as the framework for
the algorithms we are implementing.

Trying to make SYMPHONY work with MSVC++ 2005 (ver. 8.0 with .NET ver.
2.0) on Windows XP, we receive a number of errors which we have not been
able to resolve.

We have followed the instructions in various readme files when
installing COIN and SYMPHONY. Finally, when we build the two projects
"Symphony" and "SymphonyLib" we get the error listing displayed on the
attached image.

All the errors originate from a single Visual Studio file "xutility",
that seems to be incompatible with some of the COIN modules.

We use a CVS version of COIN downloaded on March 6.

How do we make Symphony work with MSVC++ 2005? And if that is not
possible, what other options do we have trying to make SYMPHONY work
with Windows / Visual Studio?

All help is much appreciated.

Regards,

Anders Dohn Hansen & Esben Kolind