[Coin-symphony] seg fault when solving empty problem in OsiSym

Kish Shen kish.shen at crosscoreop.com
Wed Aug 16 10:23:43 EDT 2006

Hi,

I have been developing an interface for our Constraint Logic Programming language ECLiPSe
to COIN/OSI. I am now trying it out with Symphony as the MIP solver (compiled with CLP as the
linear solver. I downloaded the source about a month ago). I am using Symphony through the
OsiSymSolverInterface.

I am testing the system with some unit tests, and I get a segmentation fault when I try to solve
an empty problem, i.e. a problem with no objective function, no variables or constraints. I get
the following warning when the problem is set up:

sym_load_problem_user():The given problem is empty or incorrectproblem description!

and then when I call OsiSymSolverInterface's initialSolve() on the problem, I get a segmentation
violation.

Is it possible for Symphony to deal with such empty problems?

Thanks and cheers,

Kish Shen