[Coin-symphony] additional executables

Ted Ralphs tkralphs at lehigh.edu
Fri Sep 16 10:09:27 EDT 2005

Michael Hennebry wrote:
> How does one modify an application make file
> to allow it to make additional executables?

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking, but you can change the name of
the executables produced by changing the variable "MASTERNAME" in the
application Makefile. This will allow a new executable to be compiled
without overwriting the old one.

> Unit tests are good things.

SYMPHONY does have a unit test. It solves a number of problems from
MIPLIB and compares the solution values to the known optimum. You can
invoke it with

symphony -T "path"

where "path" is the path to a directory containing MIPLIB. The same sort
of unit test exists for some of the applications and is easy to add for
new applications.

Cheers,

Ted
--