[Coin-symphony] Symphony bug? report

Ted Ralphs tkralphs at lehigh.edu
Tue Nov 1 10:25:25 EST 2005

Michael Bleau wrote:

> I think this is a bug.  I am not sure what the standard reporting
> procedure is. I have also attached my program and data files.

The -b command-line option is meant to invoke any heuristics that have
been implemented in the user callbacks---no default implementation is
provided by SYMPHONY, so using it with SYMPHONY out of the box will have
no effect. Nonetheless, it should not have caused SYMPHONY to crash.
This bug is being fixed. There are some primal heuristics that can be
called during the solution process, but these are turned off by default.
To turn them on, set the parameter "do_primal_heuristics" to TRUE (1).
Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Ted
--