[Coin-symphony] Solution of Mixed Interger Problem from MPS

Lutz Göhring lutz.goehring at gmx.de
Fri May 6 05:57:53 EDT 2005

I have got the following problem getting a solution from an MPS file:
The problem size is ROWS: 551 x COLUMNS:2312.
It is of mixed integer type.
I plug the problem as an MPS into the standard "plug and play" SYMPHONY5.0/
User programm. After very short time compared to problem size (<<1 sec)
SYMPHONY returns the zero vector as  solution. Our group solved the same
problem with IBMs OSL, which returns something very different. Aditionally
the zero vector does not make much sense from the economocal origin of the
problem.
Can anybody help me?  Are maybe some default parameters not reasonable for
this problem?

Regards,
Lutz
--