[Coin-symphony] Issue compiling symphony.

Michael Hennebry hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Thu Mar 10 16:23:40 EST 2005

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005, Paul Pacheco wrote:

> I downloaded COIN from cvs, and I am trying to compile symphony.
>
> When compiling Osi, I got the following error:
>
> compiling OsiSymSolverInterface.cpp
> In file included from /home/paul/COIN/SYMPHONY/include/symphony_api.h:20,
>                  from include/SymWarmStart.hpp:25,
>                  from include/OsiSymSolverInterface.hpp:24,
>                  from OsiSymSolverInterface.cpp:19:
> /home/paul/COIN/SYMPHONY/include/proto.h:33: error: new declaration `int
>    srandom(unsigned int)'
> /usr/include/stdlib.h:443: error: ambiguates old declaration `void
>    srandom(unsigned int)'
>
> and compilation stopped right there.

SYMPHONY has its own srandom and srandom declaration in case you do not.
I think you need to put a -DHAS_SRANDOM in a Makefile.
There might be a comment to that effect in proto.h,
but I don't remember for sure.

--
Mike   hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.NoDak.edu
"Our gods are dead.  Ancient Klingon warriors slew them