[Coin-symphony] Symphony solution statistics

Ted Ralphs tkralphs at lehigh.edu
Wed Mar 9 12:34:30 EST 2005

Eligijus,

Thanks for the question. I have now revamped the statistics reported to
be more meaningful and self-explanatory (hopefully). The statistics
having to do with idle time are only meaningful in parallel and are used
to measure parallel efficiency. They are now suppressed in the
sequential version. Real Time is the wallclock time the process took to
execute. That is now reported as "Wallclock Time". The "User Time" is
the time reported by the OS as having been used by the process. On a
machine that has nothing else running on it, Wallclock Time and User
Time should be about the same. Any difference is due to other processes
that were running at the same time as SYMPHONY. In parallel, User Time
is the total time used by all parallel processes and so should be much
larger than wallclock time. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,

Ted