[Coin-symphony] testing a solution

Ted Ralphs tkralphs at lehigh.edu
Thu Jul 7 02:57:20 EDT 2005

Michael Hennebry wrote:
> Is there a way to ask Symphony whether
> a heuristically generated integer solution
> satisfies the linear constraints?
>
> Both my problem generator and my heuristic
> could use debugging.

Actually, looking at the SYMPHONY source code, I don't see any reason
why you can't just reset the solution that is passed into
user_is_feasible in the indices and values array and then return
USER_DEFAULT, instead of USER_SUCCESS. The only problem is that the
number of nonzeros might change and you can't reset that. If I pass a
reference to the number of nonzeros so you can set it, this should work.
In fact, this would eliminate the need for the "heur_solution" argument
and probably simplify some things. I'll take a look at it tomorrow and
make the change if it will work.

Cheers,

Ted
--