[Coin-symphony] Question: branch close to one

francois dionne brainstorm at videotron.ca
Sun Feb 20 16:42:55 EST 2005

Dear sirs/ma' ams,

I'm planning to use Symphony on a series of mixed integer LPs, not all
integer variables are zeros and ones. Optimality of the objective function
is not very important, I just want a feasible solution.

I looked at the source code, in the file lp_branch.c .Above the routine:

branch_close_to_one_and_cheap()

,I found the comment:

/* This works only for 0/1 problems!!! */

The question is: why is that? Is it caused by the nature of the problem, or
the result of software shortcuts? Can the routine be generalized to work on
my problem?

I hope you can help. Goodbye, and thank you for your patience.

brainstorm at videotron.ca