[Coin-symphony] Building Symphony ( Windows XP /VC 6 )

Phillip C&A ccphil1 at adelphia.net
Thu Aug 11 14:01:50 EDT 2005

I'm new to COIN/Symphony, using Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 (Windows XP). I am using the workspaces provided with the Symphony package to familiarize myself. However, I have not being successful so far in arriving at an executable file. For example, with the symphony.dsw workspace the program tm_func.c presents a problem and I get the following output:

Compiling...
glpavl.c
glpdmp.c
glplib1a.c
glplib2.c
glplib3.c
glpmpl1.c
glpmpl2.c
glpmpl3.c
glpmpl4.c
glprng.c
Creating library...
--------------------Configuration: symphonyLib - Win32 Debug--------------------
Compiling...
pack_array.c
pack_cut.c
proccomm.c
qsortucb.c
qsortucb_di.c
qsortucb_i.c
qsortucb_ic.c
qsortucb_id.c
qsortucb_ii.c
timemeas.c
cg_func.c
cg_proccomm.c
cg_wrapper.c
cut_gen.c
cp_func.c
cp_proccomm.c
cp_wrapper.c
cut_pool.c
lp.c
lp_branch.c
Generating Code...
Compiling...
lp_free.c
lp_genfunc.c
lp_proccomm.c
lp_rowfunc.c
lp_solver.c
lp_varfunc.c
lp_wrapper.c
master.c
master_func.c
master_io.c
master_wrapper.c
tm_func.c
c:\coin\symphony\src\treemanager\tm_func.c(23) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'PROTO'
c:\coin\symphony\src\treemanager\tm_func.c(23) : fatal error C1004: unexpected end of file found
tm_proccomm.c
treemanager.c
Generating Code...
Error executing cl.exe.

symphony.exe - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)

I tried using other compilers (gcc),  to compile tm_func.c and I get even more errors. My investigations have not been successful (I am essentially a Fortran person and very much out of my element with C/C++ ) so, I conclude that some fundamental file is missing from my system, hence these errors. Can anyone help?
Anito Joseph