[Coin-SMI] About SMI class hierarchy.

Fulvio Piccinonno piccinon at di.unipi.it
Wed Apr 6 03:45:18 EDT 2005

Hi

I am beginning to use SMI. Since I am new both to object oriented
programming and to stochastic programming I have a lot of questions about
SMI. Just start with one.

Looking at the automatic documentation, the class hierarchy is quite weak
and the SmiScnModel class does not appear at all. I guess that the
SmiScnModel class should stay on the top of a diagram under which I will
put SmiScnData and SmiDiscreteDistribution classes.
Is this correct or am I wrong (and will study more SMI and C++)?

Thanks for your answers.

Before posting this message I give a look at the SMI mailing list archive.
I don't know why but I did not receive all the messages, so I read only
today about the proposal of implementing the first example in Birge and
Louveaux book. It is exactly what I am doing, so I can post the SMPS
files and the code to solve the model starting from them in my next email.

  Fulvio