[RBFOpt] RBFopt : question about noisy oracle definition

NICOLAS Frederic frederic.nicolas at ifpen.fr
Fri Jan 22 07:54:47 EST 2021

Dear RBFOpt support team,

I have been using RBFOpt for a few days and I have a question about the definition of the noisy oracle.

In my case, I have defined my simulator (which is exact and slow to execute) as the one that is called through an implementation in the obj_funct that is given as a parameter of the RbfoptUserBlackBox function.
On the other hand, I have a database of variants for which I already have the results (delivered earlier by my simulator) and I would like to build a surrogate model of these results to serve as the noisy oracle that I intend to implement as the obj_funct_noisy as the last parameter of the RbfoptUserBlackBox function.

I was wandering whether I could build this surrogate model with some RBFOpt existing function (that returns the 3 awaited values) or if I should use an external library to this purpose, like scikit-learn for instance.
Would you bring me a piece of advice on this ?

Thank you for your kind support.

Cordialement, Regards,

Frédéric NICOLAS
IFP Energies nouvelles
Direction Sciences et Technologies du Numérique / Département Modélisation Moteurs et Véhicules
Digital Sciences and Technologies Division / Engine and Vehicle Modeling Department
1 et 4, avenue de Bois-Préau
92852 RUEIL-MALMAISON
FRANCE
tel. : +33(0)14752-6696
email : frederic.nicolas at ifpen.fr

Avant d'imprimer, pensez à l'environnement ! Please consider the environment before printing !
Ce message et toutes ses pièces jointes sont confidentiels et établis à l'intention exclusive de ses destinataires. Toute utilisation non conforme à sa destination, toute diffusion ou toute publication, totale ou partielle, est interdite, sauf autorisation expresse. IFP Energies nouvelles décline toute responsabilité au titre de ce message. This message and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for the addressees. Any unauthorised use or dissemination is prohibited. IFP Energies nouvelles should not be liable for this message.